• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf springs/ Revovlers?

Jeepkid444

NAXJA Forum User
i was wondering where a good place to get lift leaf springs made for a MJ (comanche)? I was also wondering what everyone thinks of running revovler shackles on a MJ in the rear?
Thank You,
Justin

Check out Big Off Road (www.bigoffroad.com) as I've run several spring packs from them. They are always very good quality
As far as revolver shackles go....some love them and some hate them. I chose not to use them because in certain circumstances they tend to unload and cause some instability. Boomerang shackles were better for me.

Danno said:
Boomerang shackles were better for me.

Just want to clear up that boomerang shackles are no different than straight shackles.

I am pretty sure Danno know what he's talking about, but so no one else makes the mistake. Some leaf springs will REQUIRE straight shackles. A boomerang shackle is ONLY for leaf springs a bit longer than stock to clear the shackle box during movement. If you put them on a stock leaf spring, you will probably lose some droop and hit the box. So please don't just jump on the boomerang shackle bandwagon. Hope this helps some people. _nicko_

The problem with revolvers is that they can actually make your rear end crawl under your jeep when you just need the tires to spin and grip. Walking underneath the jeep can be pretty bad, especially since it "could" bust u-joints. I've seen it happen.

Back