• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One simple question....

AZ DESERT RAT

NAXJA Forum User
OK...I thought I knew what I was taliking about...but after reading some posts I'm not so sure. I am planning on putting a lockright in my front D30...I have a 242 T-case. Peoplw were talking about how it behaves in a DD situation..heres the question....does it matter what kind of locker you have up ther if your not engaged in 4 wheel drive?

If you're not engaged in 4WD, no, it does not matter what is in the front, as long as it's not a spool with a non-disco. If you put an auto locker in the front (lock-right, aussie, detroit, no-slip) you won't be able to use your full-time 4wd on the street since you have the 242.

Also, with a Lock Right the front driveshaft will now spin all the time thus you need to pay attention to the pinion angle to prevent vibes. Most likely you will have to sacrifice some caster to get a decent pinion angle, depending on lift amount. I would also make sure the front driveshaft is in good shape so you don't get vibes from worn parts. Just something to keep in mind.

Gasman said:
Also, with a Lock Right the front driveshaft will now spin all the time thus you need to pay attention to the pinion angle to prevent vibes. Most likely you will have to sacrifice some caster to get a decent pinion angle, depending on lift amount. I would also make sure the front driveshaft is in good shape so you don't get vibes from worn parts. Just something to keep in mind.
front pinion spins all the time anyway - that is teh reason to buy warn / mm lockouts...

Back