• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Killed my T-Case :(

JeepFreak21

NAXJA Forum User
Went to the 'Con w/ Stoney this weekend and had a little trouble. Didn't even make it to the trail head before the transfer case started making really loud clicking noises. The front driveshaft kinda stutters and 4wd doesn't really work. It gets worse in 4Lo. I think it's the chain/gear in the t-case. :cry: Anyhoo... I got halfway through gatekeeper and then Stoney had to pull me the rest of the way. Made it back down in 2wd with only some rocking and some damage to the quarter panel. I smashed it good. Also got a $250 ticket for driving on the wrong side of one of those red signs posted all over the rubicon. I'll post pics of the damage tomorrow. :cry:

Don't go off the trail, the fine is stiff from the USFS, as you have found. The penalty may be even stiffer if you get caught by one of your fellow wheelers who has spent many a weekend blocking off all those alternate routes. It's hard labor trying to keep this trail open, please don't screw it up by leaving the trail.

In short, DON"T LEAVE THE MAIN TRAIL FOR ANY REASON.

It sounds like your t-case is not engaging properly, which means your shift linkage is either worn or broken. The clicking is probably the synchro's caught between gears.

CRASH

dude crash he didn't mean to go behind the line do be so hard on him. and the fag ranger that gave him the ticket was probley gay anyways.

:mrgreen:

I can't help but laugh at that response Stoney! :lol:

Anyways, it doesn't matter that he didn't "mean" to go off the trail. If that was a valid excuse there'd be all sorts of bypasses and new trails cut by yahoos that shouln't even be up there. This year on all the major hollidays there have been law enforcement officers on the Rubicon enforcing such laws. All I can say is stay on the trail, it isn't too hard.

Jes

stupid young kids thinkin there cool going off the trail. your lucky i wasn't there or i would have blown out your tires with my 12 gauge. if i ever see you on the trail youl be sorry. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

I didn't mean to sound harsh, but it's been happening too much lately, and I don't like spending my weekends rebuilding trails and closing off bypasses.

If it was an honest mistake, cool. I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way via Mr. Law. Be careful though, cause I'm telling you, there are wheelers out there that are MUCH more militant about this than me, and they WILL kick your ass if they see you off the trail.

Anyway, you guys are cool with me.

CRASH

Ya, those are the yahoos I was speaking of. Gate Keeper is there for a reason and it's a felony offense(IIRC) for removing, destroying, or otherwise altering those signs.
Whatever you do , don't touch those signs.

Jes

fullsize shut up ur gay redneck. u don't even know extreme or the situation. so go away with Ur "FULLSIZE". :lol: :lol:

stoney:
what type of gay name is that. if i ever see you out on the trail ill shoot out your tires too. and for calling me a red-neck, i make more money in a month and own a nicer house than you will ever dream of. so go cry to your mommy. :cry: :cry: :cry:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!! man u r a funny guy!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

I don't really care if you are gay, a redneck, a stoner, rich or poor. Stay on the trails.

And, oh yeah, you guys all need to take an English class, or buy a dictionary.

CRASH

Hey, Stoney-

I know the Forest Service rangers personally who work out of the Tahoe National Forest. I've had the opportunity to work with them, and talk with them about the Rubicon trail and the work that 4-wheelers are doing so that the Con will stay open. Trust me, these guys are doing their jobs so that we don't end up losing the trails. They've had good things to say about the amount of work that people put into keeping the trails clean and making sure that people are informed about treading lightly. It's cool that you are into wheelin and partying and stuff, but please don't be a jackass to the Forest Service guys-you'll end up undoing all the work I've tried to do to get them to view fourwheelers in a better light.

Lu

Also, if you witnessed someone removing or throwing the signs at Gatekeeper it is your responsibility to get information about the people doing this, pictures, licenses plates desriptions. If you don't want to confront people that's ok, but pass the information along to those that will.

And yes, I have a can of pent up ass-whoopin inside of me waiting to be cracked open. I dealt with a yahoo on fordyce last weekend and I get the feeling he won't be the last.

Also, would Fullsize mind registering on our board and introducing yourself. If you are just joking fine, but threats of violence will not be tolerated. Unless of course you are destroying our trails.

SeanP

Ok guys, this has gotten way out of hand. The point I was trying to make about the ticket was that the price hurt. If it was only a slap on the wrist, I would have learned my lesson because it was an accident in the first place. Unfortunatly, I haven't been in this 'sport' very long and I wasn't born with GPS in my head to know where those signs were placed and which trails not to follow. I also wasn't born knowing all the 4-wheeling edicate, although, I should have thought to get that guys plate.
Some people might need an ass kicking to learn their lesson, and some people just need to be told what's expected.

Back