• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Not starting HELP

TBLimited

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88 waggy lmtd and I have put new injectors, injector 0 rings, distributor cap and button, spark plug wires, spark plugs, new oil, oil filter, new exhaust manifold gasket, new intake manifold gasket, new cps, new fule filter, new coolant temp sensor, and when it was running earlier it blew out white smoke so we drained the oil, coolant came out so we took it apart and replaced the head gasket. After all that my jeep still won't start at all when I go to start it there a strong gas smell and when I pulled the plugs they looked fine. Any ideas what gives?

Do you have spark? pull the coil wire and hwile someone cranks the engine, see if it will arch off the block, if there is spark, I would start with the cam position sensor, if that does not work then I would say you need to re-index your distributor.

Back