• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Directions to Tellico - TN Side

93JXJ

NAXJA Member #1174
Sorry to ask such a dumb question - but:
What's the easiest pull to the TN side of Tellico from Charlotte?
I know you can go down to 64 but I hear it's seen better days and 40 is like a pretzel. Any "better" ways to go?
Thanks - 93JXJ

From Charlotte 321 to 40 to 64 is the best way, 64 is OK they repaved it thru the gap and it is 4 lane the rest of the way, 40 after Hickory is OK too detours before you get off on 64.

Or you can just take trail 1 all the way thru...

Thanks for the info guys - we would go in trail 1, but the junk we're pulling is better than the junk we're pulling with!

towing from the NC side to the Tenn. side down trail one isn't bad at all. Now going the other way where you go uphill through the hairpins is a little more difficult, I've done it in a 2wd dually with a locked rear, but much less truck than that, it ain't gonna happen.

It was LONG time ago, but Karen & I got lost & went through Murphy on 19/129 to the little town of Ranger,NC took a right on NC 294 and just across the state line, took another right on TN 68 (this is the road into Tellico Plains) Once in town, take a right - follow signs to Cherohala Skyway, then take another right on the "river road" this is the road that ends at StateLine CG/becomes trail 1.

Or if you are brave, take 129 up into Robbinsville and ride over the Skyway (143) :D

Now I think you guys are just trying to get me lost!

Really - thanks everyone. Looks like we'll have to make a trip in a car to see what our junk can tow.

Back