• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extended LCA/UCA

mingo

"De Oppresso Liber"
I have the RE 4.5 fixed short arm on my 89. The frontend sits about 2" lower than the rear.Was planning on adding the adjustable spring pads or a poly spacer to even it out. But it seems that it would pull the front axle back. My question is.... has anyone ever just extended the LCA & LCA to center the wheel back into the wheel well. I know a long arm would solve this. But $$ is a factor. I'm a fairly competent welder and can extend the arms. Just looking to see if its been done. Thanks in advance for the input.

There's a lot of guys on here that run RE drop brackets for the the LCA's. Have you condsider maybe going that route. You'd save a ton of $$$ over a LA kit that's for sure. And a poly spacer would help even out your front too. Just my $.02, might give ya some ideas though. Good luck!

Will the drop brackets center the front end back into the wheel well? There about 3" from the back of the fender and around 6" to the front. I just want to get it centered and level it out.
I'm running 32"s and have the bushwacker pocket flares.

Back