• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need opinion on new tires

redrockphil

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to intall a rough country 3" lift kit (springs, addleaf, and shocks), and looking for a good tire to compliment it. I like the Goodyear MTR's alot. But not sure what size is best. I dont want to rub AT ALL! And I still want to heve plenty of flex. I was thinking of 30", but not sure yet. Also, if anyone knows where to got them at a good price PLEASE let me know.

Those tires should work great, i would say the cheapest i have read or even heard of for those type tires is going ot be Wal-Mart. I don't think you should rub unless you are fully flexed with your wheels turned. Good luck on the buy. Daniel

The next big question is, are you going to stay there. If not, I say save your money and find a used set of 30's or 31's. When I had that lift I put 31's on. With stock wheels the only rubbing I got was on the inside fender well and on the LCA(Lower Control Arm). I have a set of 33 MTR's and I love them, I see money is a big factor, because you got the RC lift. :)

BTW, check the front coils, make sure they are identical to the OEM except for height. In my RC kit from JCW, one of the coils was coiled backwards and I ended up bending one of them with minor offroad use.

I heard Sam's club had a pretty good deal on MT/Rs not too long ago.

$150 for 33s so 30's would probably be around $100 if they carry them.

If your going to get anything from Rough Country spend the extra money and get their 4.5" kit w/ rear leafs. I started with that and added a custom long arm set-up and 2.5" spacers for 7''. I run 35 inch MT/r's and have been impressed how they handle on just about everything you can throw at them.

redrockphil said:
I am going to intall a rough country 3" lift kit (springs, addleaf, and shocks), and looking for a good tire to compliment it. I like the Goodyear MTR's alot. But not sure what size is best. I dont want to rub AT ALL! And I still want to heve plenty of flex. I was thinking of 30", but not sure yet. Also, if anyone knows where to got them at a good price PLEASE let me know.

Don't waste your money on 30's, in a couple of months you'll want the 31's anyway. You can run 30's with no lift, get the 31's. The MT/R's are a great tire, many think it's the best all around off road tire. If you got them, you wouldn't be disappointed.

Wow. Thanks for all the replies. Since price is a big issue, I have to also think of future plans. I've got some experience in the aftermarket industry, and one thing you lewarn after spending tons of $$, is to always have a goal and built toward it. In this case, I want a moderate off roader, with the ability to get over Hells Revenge (If you go to Utah to wheel, you know what I'm talking about). I figured 30's since my friend drives the exact same truck with 4.5" and 31's and he rubbed so bad (was flexing pretty good) that he pulled his fender. I dont want that. And since height is not the premier issue with me (RC 3"), then I should at least retain a lot of flexing to make up for it.

Back