• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WTB: '96 XJ trans dipstick and oil cap

RaVEWHQ

NAXJA Forum User
Sometimes the smallest parts are hard to find!

WTB a transmission dipstick for a '96 XJ 4.0L HO 6cyl with A/T.
If you have an extra Oil Cap laying around too, that would be nice also.

Please PM me!
Thanks!

RaVEWHQ said:
Sometimes the smallest parts are hard to find!

WTB a transmission dipstick for a '96 XJ 4.0L HO 6cyl with A/T.
If you have an extra Oil Cap laying around too, that would be nice also.

Please PM me!
Thanks!
Oil cap will cost you $5 or so at an automotive shop.... what is wrong with yours? Did you loose it or did the ratchet mechanism get busted? If the ratchet mechanism broke, you can fix that oil cap and make it one piece and non ratchet (That's what I did to mine)

Kejtar said:
Oil cap will cost you $5 or so at an automotive shop.... what is wrong with yours? Did you loose it or did the ratchet mechanism get busted? If the ratchet mechanism broke, you can fix that oil cap and make it one piece and non ratchet (That's what I did to mine)

It seperated in half somehow from the bouncing around and now just the bottom half is left. No spring in the middle or top part. Can't grip the bugger! I could get another one at an auto shop, just wondering if anyone with a tranny stick had a cap laying around :)

RaVEWHQ said:
It seperated in half somehow from the bouncing around and now just the bottom half is left. No spring in the middle or top part. Can't grip the bugger! I could get another one at an auto shop, just wondering if anyone with a tranny stick had a cap laying around :)

Do you still have the top? You can jbweld the two pieces together and use some hard piece to replace the spring. That's what I did to mine after I had a second one go bad.

Back