• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33" BFG side by side with 35" GY MT/R

XJguy

NAXJA Forum User
For those wondering about the size difference, here ya go, the ones soon to be unmounted are 33"x10.5 R15 BFG AT/KO, the behomoth beside it is a Goodyear MT/R 35"x12.5 R15. These tires look like tractor tires lined up in my driveway..wow!

dsc00078.jpg

dsc00076.jpg

XJguy

It's amazing how a little fenderwell clearance can make a 35" tire look small. From the pics I would never have quessed those to be 33" and 35" tires. I think you'll have a pretty great setup there. Are you going to use those BFG's as road tires and keep the MTR"S for off-road only duty?

Tell Me More!!!!

Are those Bushwacker fender flares? How much lift do you have? What kind of offset are on the wheels? And anything else that you care to share would be greatly appreciated as I'm a naturally curious person!

Robert

Bender, the 33s are like new and still have the little molding hairs on them I put them up 4sale here on NAXJA and a fellow XJer has bought them, it was a great deal.

XJWheelie:

BW flares: Yes
Lift: 5.5"
BS: 3.25"

I still have to make the steering linkages and custom control arms to let this combination actually work..right now all show no go.

XJguy

Thanks! Right after I typed it I figured it out.

i want 2 now if they clear, if they do i may have to get some bushwackers.

it's all about fenderwell clearance. Just the other day, some guy on the trail complimented me on my nice 33" MTRs. They're 37"! While we're comparing, the difference between the 35" and 37" MTRs was even more than the difference between the 33" and 35" MTRs. I think the 37" MTRs run closer to true size.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this, but there we go.

Back