• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Uh oh...

"Wolz"

NAXJA Forum User
... the madness has started!

86021543.jpg

We threw a No-Slip in the front but it was defective so out it came. Gives me a reason to save for an OX. My XJ has 47k on the clock so it drove well stock but with the LCA drops/braces this thing seriously drives like a Cadillac. Minimal bump-steer, drives great. Just waiting on the skids and front bumper.

That looks great!

Beej said:
Looks very nice. What kind of difference in braking have you noticed with the different rotors and pads?

They just arrived today. I had just enough time to throw up the C4x4 sliders today. Brakes go on Monday night. I'll let you know.

What was wrong with the no-slip? I just installed one, Mine had what looked like casting slag and small round steel shot embedded in the holes for the springs, I had to use a steel pick to pry the stuff out of the holes. After I was almost finished I realized the slot in the spacer for the c-clip on the passengers side was to small for the c-clip and milled in on an angle. I called the tech line and the guy said it was milled wrong(da), then told me to grind it out bigger . I payed 396.00 dollars and I had to "mill" it with a hand grinder, real nice. Packaging, all the parts and instructions were just thrown it a box loose like scrap metal. I have a feeling their quality may be slipping.

hackedxj said:
What was wrong with the no-slip? I just installed one, Mine had what looked like casting slag and small round steel shot embedded in the holes for the springs, I had to use a steel pick to pry the stuff out of the holes. After I was almost finished I realized the slot in the spacer for the c-clip on the passengers side was to small for the c-clip and milled in on an angle. I called the tech line and the guy said it was milled wrong(da), then told me to grind it out bigger . I payed 396.00 dollars and I had to "mill" it with a hand grinder, real nice. Packaging, all the parts and instructions were just thrown it a box loose like scrap metal. I have a feeling their quality may be slipping.

It was actually in the front, not the rear. Not sure really, during the test-drive, left turns were no prob, when turning right the inside wheel wouldn't unlock. It would fight the steering wheel and pop over and over. So up on the lift it goes, off with the wheels, the axles, diff cover, carrier, rebuild it, back in, etc. The result? 1 1/2 hours later just the opposite, the drivers-side was screwed up. Back in the mail it goes.

hackedxj said:
Mine had what looked like casting slag........I had to use a steel pick to pry the stuff out of the holes.......the slot in the spacer for the c-clip was to small and milled in on an angle.......the guy told me to grind it out bigger........I had to "mill" it with a hand grinder.......Packaging, all the parts and instructions were just thrown it a box loose like scrap metal.
hackedxj said:
I have a feeling their quality may be slipping.
You think so?

hackedxj said:
i had the samething happen when i ordered mine, but no milling was required

hackedxj said:
Yea, If it hadn't be for the cool Powertrax decal in the box, I'd been p*ssed.
Sweet.

Next time, let me know and I'll come over and kick you in the nuts and leave you a sticker.

Just as enjoyable.

Okie Terry said:
Sweet.

Next time, let me know and I'll come over and kick you in the nuts and leave you a sticker.

Just as enjoyable.
Let me catch my breath after this Powertrax kick in the nuts and I'll let you know! Got any Rusty's stickers?

Last edited:
Back