• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

22yo first rig, need help.

norcalsnow

NAXJA Forum User
I lifted my 91 xj 3''with rancho suspension and added a leaf in the back(5). I'm adding 2'' spacers in the front and fabricating new shackles for the rear to match it up. I planned on ordering a new trac bar with mount, quick dissconnects, adjustable lower crontroll arms, transfercase drop, and brake line extensions. Im not sure if i need upper controll arms, and i am highly considering adding a double steering stabilizer since i plan on running 32-33'' tires. hoping some of the experts could give some recomendations.

I'm not an expert, but my research and experience has shown me that you probably should get adjustable uppers with 5" of lift and you probably don't need a double steering stabilizer, but you should look into reinforcing/upgrading your steering components, especially if you plan on wheeling it. Also, if you are making up the rear by using only a shackle, well, that's a long shackle. To get two inches of lift, its going to need to be 4" longer than stock. If it were me, I'd consider adding another leaf to the packs or rearching some of the leaves. You could combine this with a 1-1.5" lift shackle. Don't forget to adjust your bumpstops. Eventually you might want to consider an SYE instead of the T-Case drop as it will better solve the vibration problems. Just a few cents for consideration.
B.

Thanks for the above, i will definitley get those uppers then....I was also wondering if my stock pitman arm will work or will i need a 1.25"+ or- for this lift. I have heard you dont need them untill you go 6.5" of lift or more, but i wasnt sure. thanks again.

Back