• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question about DIY Alignment

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
I just about finished all my front end lift tonight after work and I was planning on doing my own alignment. I read on gojeep's site that I want 1/16"-1/8" toe in. Does that vary as the tire size increases or is that what I would want? I'm running 33x12.5s on 15x8s with 4.0 bs for reference.

Toe should be 0. Get a 2x6 that reaches from your front tire to the back. Have a friend hold the board against the tires & run your TRE's in or out accordingly until the board sits flat against both tires.

Works for me. After I did it the first time, I took it to a shop to verify & it was within .08 on both sides.

Toe in/Toe out varies from year to year and model to model. Mine for example is an '89 with Select Trac, it calls for 1/16" toe OUT plus or minus 1/16".

My Dads 1990 Command Trac calls for 1/16" Toe in.

I run mine(4.5" lift) at about 1/16" toe out, any less and I get death wobble. Dad's with 3" lift we run at 0.

Toe in will reduce tire wear so I would start at 0 and try it. If you get DW try a bit of toe out. If its ok try a 1/16" of toe in and see how it is.

cLAYH said:
Toe in will reduce tire wear

0* is the best for tire ware - according to my alignment shop...

Back