• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Making my new ARB front bumper!

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have been at it again and have been cutting up a ARB to better suit what I want. ;-)
This one is to better match the rear ARB bar made before and will have a hidden class 3 hitch as well.

Check the progress so far in my how to section of my site.

http://go.jeep-xj.info

I know GoJeep from the JU boards. Good Guy who lives close to ARB.

The man can get bullbars for a case of Brew.

GoJeep, I love what you're doing, but you suck 'cause you get those ARB's so easily.

Happy Jeepin'

John

If I remember correctly, he tried, but shipping was what killed it.

Verrrryyy impressive. You've taken ARB's design and made it your own.

Nice workmanship

Thanks guys and not sure why you cannot see pictures on pages 2-3 because when I try it works. :confused:
Maybe just too many people trying at once so try again please and let me know.
I have the other ARB bar still left over if someone was keen to have a go themselves but would have to cut it in half and sent it in two packages to get it under the weigh and lenght measurements. It might just mack it then. It is here in Australia that it the main problem as no pickups when it weighs more than 44 pounds.
Now cutting it in half sounds drastic but these bars are too wide anyway and have to have a section cut out of the middle. The one I am working on at the moment needed 5" cut out. The postage would be $90 USD each package of 44 lbs which is the killer. Maybe you just want part of the bar then?:D
Any offers?;)

You guys were right, the photos links were to my hard drive and why it worked for me:rolleyes:
Fixed it now though.;)

Hey GoJeep. You sure have good taste in cars! That looks like an HQ behind the bumpers in the garage!:D

How much would you want for the old bumper , aside from shipping?

Lucas said:
How much would you want for the old bumper , aside from shipping?

As I would not be fixing the damage to it ( the mounts you can not use anyway and un-bolt so that only leaves the end piece ), a $100 USD.
If you are interested I can send you pictures showing that end piece damage!
Would have to weigh it too to make sure that it does not weigh more than 88 lbs to start with!

AussieXJ said:
Hey GoJeep. You sure have good taste in cars! That looks like an HQ behind the bumpers in the garage!:D

No the HQ is not mine as I only have one car and thats the XJ. Thats just a customer car!

I have finished the bumper and now it is in an oven!

Will have the final pictures up as soon as I fit it to the XJ when the painters have finished with it.
I have added all the rest of the photos up until that point to my write up in the how to section including the adding of the built in hitch if you are interested!

ARB%20065.jpg

Well it is back from the painters and fitted up.

ARBnew.jpg

More finished pictures on the write up in the how to section of my site.

Back