• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Traction bars

Fletch85

NAXJA Forum User
Im going to put so traction bars on my 98XJ to help cut down on axle wrap. Ive already got the bars, Im trying to figure out the best way to mount them. Anyone done this before and can give me some ideas.

Fletch85 said:
Anyone done this before and can give me some ideas.
Not without knowing what kind of traction bars you have.

Thet were originally for a Toyota, they are pretty much just 4ft pieces of tubing with bushings on the ends. Im going to make all of the brackets. I really just need to know the locations were my brackets need to be. (ex. above/below the axle) and Ive seen some people run little shackles on the frame side of the bars.

I am so confused as to what type of traction bar you are talking about. You're definitely not talking about a ladder bar set-up....unless I'm reading it really wrong.

Me, with addition to numerous others have traction bars on our XJ's. All the ones I've seen are a ladder bar set-up as it's simple and works well. Just do a search for "traction bar" or "ladder bar" on here, and you'll see quite a few of them. _nicko_

i think he is talking about the single bar type, which has it's pros and cons versus a ladder bar. you have more control over the anti-squat, but there is still a lot of stress through the front half of the leafs.

if you really want to run these, mount them roughly parallel and equal length to the front half of your leaf springs. look into the ladder bar style, that's what most people do and like it.

Back