• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need an experienced ear

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
I have my lift on. Had issues of course. RE6030 3.5" full packs. Having a hard time determining if the new feel is vibes or another issue. If vibes they are VERY subtle. Also a clicking sound at low speed in turns. Could be a loose bolt somewhere or my junk front ujoints, or so I'm told. Trackbar setup... RE Adj trackbar installed too!

Putting on the YJ style longer/more clearance slip yoke and a Rusty's TC drop kit to replace my "custom garage engineered" emergency drop kit.

Would put on a SYE and a new DS but don t have the time or the coin now...

Anyone in the Bolingbrook/Naperville/Plainfield wanna go for a quick ride?? All the guys in my club (Terra Jeep) are Wrangler drivers.

well.gif

jeep.gif

Last edited:
Clicking noise is almost positively a U-joint. Some times you can quiet them for a while, by pumping a ton of grease into them.

take a pic of your front pinion angle - that is exactly what mine sounded like before i blew the CV from over vibration

fixed with new UCA's and a NEW driveshaft... (it would have cost the same amount to repair the old one)

The D30's axle u joints seem to be the source of all the noise. Have new ones from CarQuest (generic) but they are greasable. May return them and get the "CTM" brand. I'm told they are tough and hard to break. I looked at the OX brand but they seem a little too high tech, and way too many parts that can fail.

OPINIONS???

Last edited:
WHOA... I just looked at the prices of the CTM's.... YEOUCH... $200+ for 1 U-Joint

For that much it better be Hawaiian!!!:laugh3:

Rocketman said:
The D30's axle u joints seem to be the source of all the noise. Have new ones from CarQuest (generic) but they are greasable. May return them and get the "CTM" brand. I'm told they are tough and hard to break. I looked at the OX brand but they seem a little too high tech, and way too many parts that can fail.

OPINIONS???

CTM's and OX U-joints for a DTurdy?

Try MOOG Brute Strength first...

Unless you're a punisher with the stupid pedal or run big rubber...

The last place I got them from closed down...
Most old school auto parts shops with a real counter guy can find or order them for ya...
Don't know if autozone, pep boys, napa, etc. carry them...
Let your fingers do the walkin :D

Avoid,Avoid,Avoid,Avoid, the 'brute force' that AutoZones sells. They are non-greasable. I had them and couldn't get them to stop squeaking.

Back