• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weight of dana 44

My Rocktrac came Fedex from Luisiana,about #120 for $140!But that was from JB Conversions,private quotes are usually much higher!Physical size is also an issue.

Not as heavy as a fully dressed D30. Not even close.

Surprised me too...

Robert

(If you really need a number I can take the bathroom scale out to the garage in the morning, but I'll get yelled at for gettin it greasy...)

I have a HP44 from a F-250 and a D60 from a Dodge Powerwagon. I can remember being able to wrestle the D60 by myself, but the D44, steering and all, seemed much fawkin' heavier! I know it seems hard to believe, but there was a huge difference! I have no idea of actual weight though.

I_1BADXJ_I said:
(If you really need a number I can take the bathroom scale out to the garage in the morning, but I'll get yelled at for gettin it greasy...)

I got scolded for using the bathroom scale to weigh stuff for Ebay sales...women, huh???

I've manhandled a few xj dana 44's by myself from 1 vehicle to another etc and it isn't that hard. A front dana 44 with steering, etc is a real pain and heavier. I'd figure 180-200 lbs for the xj 44. I know U are looking at prices for 88flexj's 44. Check with forward air like was said, they should have the best prices. Here's the location listing map:

http://forwardair.com/locations/falocations.htm

Check SFO (San Francisco) to SEA (Seattle).

Good rep is appreciated. :laugh3:

Troy

Last edited:
red91inWA said:
it's HIGHLY overated.

Only people with outstanding rep say that. I'm trying to work my way out of the Grand Canyon right now. :laugh3:

91 Jeep Project said:
I'll give you some...........:roflmao:

I appreicate it, but with rep as bad as mine, it will not do much. :laugh3:

U might want to try UPS ground because I know the axle will be around 200 lbs, they might do it. Chris is 2 hrs from SFO. I'm not trying to talk for him, just trying to help him sell it. I have 1 for sale as well, but have 3 buyers lined up locally.

Troy

Last edited:
Back