PDA

View Full Version : Just Bragging

kc7bur
February 17th, 2005, 14:03
Last week at Pacific Beach, the campground, I was spinning around on the sand. Now I can say I've wheeled coast to coast (the bragging part). The last time my cherokee was in sand was at Jacksonville, FL. Sand leaves real cool tracks when ya get done spinning around.

Sniggs
February 17th, 2005, 14:17
Last week at Pacific Beach, the campground, I was spinning around on the sand. Now I can say I've wheeled coast to coast (the bragging part). The last time my cherokee was in sand was at Jacksonville, FL. Sand leaves real cool tracks when ya get done spinning around.
I agree, Beach (or dune) driving is A LOT of fun ! It leaves cool tracks but it sure is a pain in the ass when you hit something underneath your rig with a hammer (six months later) and get both eyes (ears, nose & mouth) loaded with sand! :smsoap:

kc7bur
February 17th, 2005, 14:23
That reminds me I need to spray underneath, get all that salt/ sand out of there. There was some soft spots, would hate to get stuck on the beach.

2xtreme
February 17th, 2005, 15:33
I was going to say, wheeling on the beach is fun, but a real pain to protect everything from afterwards. lots of sand and salt can do really long term damage.

I still like the SNOW!!

kc7bur
February 17th, 2005, 16:58
I like the snow too, it makes a easy forest road challenging. (see last 4x trip post). Hell, for some, it makes any road challenging.
I seem to remember alot more snow around Western Wash. when I was younger. Sea level type snow.

2xtreme
February 17th, 2005, 19:29
Yep, this year has been really bad for snow fall, most of the skiing is not even open!!

Michael

I like the snow too, it makes a easy forest road challenging. (see last 4x trip post). Hell, for some, it makes any road challenging.
I seem to remember alot more snow around Western Wash. when I was younger. Sea level type snow.

Sniggs
February 17th, 2005, 20:58
okay...since we're bragging :cool:

Look what I bought and installed tonight... :repair:

http://www.airaid.com/images/310-136-LG.jpg
woohoo! :yelclap: Airaid

I've got my Lift too!! RE6030 3.5". Those big black Leaf Springs look awesome. I didn't get the opportunity to dig into the rest (yet). More pics soon!! The OME Shocks don't look as lonesome in the garage anymore!

I'm going to have to wait 'til after this weekend though...:(

ECKSJAY
February 17th, 2005, 22:14
Install was pretty quick, wasn't it? ;)

Keeps you from getting any splashies up into the filter, too.

XJCasper
February 18th, 2005, 01:36
I would say that I have so much rust on my drivetrain that I don't care about salt. But all of those freshly powdercoated Rubicon Express parts change my mind.

Mark: Plan on a SYE. See you Saturday.

Sniggs
February 18th, 2005, 08:25
Install was pretty quick, wasn't it? ;)

Keeps you from getting any splashies up into the filter, too.The hardest part of the install was getting the little rubber dam on top on straight. It was a SIMPLE install, otherwise!

Splashies up into my filter?? Is that like getting bubbles up my whoopsiedaisie? ;) :spin1:

red91
February 18th, 2005, 09:03
okay...since we're bragging :cool:

Look what I bought and installed tonight... :repair:

http://www.airaid.com/images/310-136-LG.jpg
woohoo! :yelclap: Airaid

I've got my Lift too!! RE6030 3.5". Those big black Leaf Springs look awesome. I didn't get the opportunity to dig into the rest (yet). More pics soon!! The OME Shocks don't look as lonesome in the garage anymore!

I'm going to have to wait 'til after this weekend though...:(

this is probably a better upgrade than their TB spacer.

ECKSJAY
February 18th, 2005, 20:52
Splashies up into my filter?? Is that like getting bubbles up my whoopsiedaisie? ;) :spin1:

Indeed.

As long as we're bragging I'll add that I'm getting my new MTRs put on tomorrow, gears are in the shop waiting to go in, header and rear No-Slip will be here Thursday!

Well, there goes that tax return, lol.

XJCasper
February 19th, 2005, 01:30
Mark,

Let's brag about being up at Jack's pass tomorrow. LOL

Jason

kc7bur
February 19th, 2005, 12:50
Tell about Jacks Pass when you get a chance.
And now for the braging part: :lecture:
Last time I was up ripp'in around Jacks Pass was in Fall of '02..........
on my KLR 650. HA! Top THAT for bragg'in about Jackass Pass. :gag:

ECKSJAY
February 19th, 2005, 15:47
HA! Top THAT for bragg'in about Jackass Pass. :gag:

I AM Jack's Pass.

:)

XJCasper
February 20th, 2005, 01:19
Let's brag about, not going to Jack's pass. Not laying my XJ on it's side and Brian not flipping his Jeep. Mark knows what I mean.

Jason

ECKSJAY
February 20th, 2005, 05:31
Let's brag about, not going to Jack's pass. Not laying my XJ on it's side and Brian not flipping his Jeep. Mark knows what I mean.

Jason

Ummm...

hards91xj
February 20th, 2005, 09:28
What do you mean,I can`t brag about using my winch and with the help of some one else`s winch save a roll ? Or saving that toyota pu from it`s death(it isn`t far from it anyway) :rattle:
It was a good day anyway :)

XJourney
February 20th, 2005, 10:21
Or what about Scott and I getting ****ed on the Wall Trail. Or the TJ that just wanted to roll over and play dead. Or Mike's optional exit. Or the fact that NO major parts broke.
Brian not flipping his Jeep.

Jason

I have NEVER seen anyone drive a jeep on ONE tire and not roll. :eek:

Hans

XJCasper
February 20th, 2005, 12:05
Today, I am going to work, just to recooperate from yesterday. My muscles are soar with all of that jumping in and out of the XJ.

Next Run?????

I heard something about Evans Creek in April?

What are my priorities to purchase for more bragging? LOL

What will keep my Jeep safer without breaking the bank.

Thanks Guys
Jason

ECKSJAY
February 20th, 2005, 15:27
I heard something about Evans Creek in April?

Set it up, brothers. Let's go on a Sunday this time. I will be ready by then. Evans would be just the place to test my gear. **** I'm excited to get back out on the trail...

Sniggs
February 20th, 2005, 16:26
Set it up, brothers. Let's go on a Sunday this time. I will be ready by then. Evans would be just the place to test my gear. **** I'm excited to get back out on the trail... See guys? I TOLD you he wants to plan a Sunday...
http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly/wsb/media/778700/site1149.JPG
Half the fun of bragging is actually being there!

XJourney
February 20th, 2005, 18:10
Mark is that the "EASY" trail? Those roots look like thet are about to come out and touch your hood. :laugh3:

Jason in my opinion I would get skid protection. I used the hell out of my rocker and tc skids.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/xjourney/site1145.jpg

I just need to do bumpers next I don't think that my plastic corners are going to last much longer.

ECKSJAY
February 20th, 2005, 19:40
See guys? I TOLD you he wants to plan a Sunday...
So long as it's not the 17th... I'm getting married on the 16th and we're heading to Astoria for the weekend, lmao. She'd ****in' kill me. :D

http://home.comcast.net/~mr_sniggly/wsb/media/778700/site1149.JPG
Half the fun of bragging is actually being there!

Le *sigh*...

hards91xj
February 20th, 2005, 22:22
Set it up, brothers. Let's go on a Sunday this time. I will be ready by then. Evans would be just the place to test my gear. **** I'm excited to get back out on the trail...Let Bill know I approve you to get a sat off to play with the NAXJA crew.

ECKSJAY
February 20th, 2005, 22:25
Let Bill know I approve you to get a sat off to play with the NAXJA crew.

I probably will do that after April...

Perhaps we can set up something for a 3 day weekend? I know how it is to wheel Sunday and not have a day to recover before going to work. Especially worse if something breaks and needs a day of work to fix. :gag:

Silent
January 13th, 2006, 14:36
Ok, quick question now that I found someone who has bought that intake, how does it compare to the K&N FIPK Gen II, just curious. Airaid's is a lot cheaper. That is why I was looking into it. Anyone know if they are worth the money (Airaid) that is?

Thanks,
Silent

Sniggs
January 13th, 2006, 15:10
Ok, quick question now that I found someone who has bought that intake, how does it compare to the K&N FIPK Gen II, just curious. Airaid's is a lot cheaper. That is why I was looking into it. Anyone know if they are worth the money (Airaid) that is?

Thanks,
Silent
HOLY DEAD THREAD REVIVAL!!

Um... been about a year now and I've mashed through a lot of puddles and mud (Not like Matt, of course! ;) ). This Airaid is fantastic but I have nothing to compare it with except stock.

I will say, it's EASY to maintain and sounds COOL when you MASH the accelerator... :P Power? You bet!

GirlScout1
January 13th, 2006, 15:26
I was about to say im down with going to Evans in April! Glad I read all the way through this post before I opened my yap. Hopefully I will have all of my armor on by then too.

IXNAYXJ
January 13th, 2006, 15:49
I was about to say im down with going to Evans in April! Glad I read all the way through this post before I opened my yap. Hopefully I will have all of my armor on by then too.

Evans in April? Sounds good to me! Anyone else?

-----Matt-----