• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From 3 to 4

csuxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just wanted to get a final opinion before I purchase some lift parts.

My short term goal is to replace some tread-less 31's. I'm going to put on 33's, but of the used variety. The rear end of my current 3" lift is an add-a-leaf and isn't holding up too well to the additional weight of a rear bumper, gas tank skid and roof rack with mounted spare. It sits almost two inches lower than the front.

My long term goal is the RE HD 5.5" lift and 35's, so buying lift parts that aren't compatible with that lift doesn't make financial sense. I have trimmed the rear fenders to the pinch seam, and an equivalent amount on the front. My XJ is a 92, and I'm trying to stay low enough to avoid doing a SYE right away.

In order to fit the 33's I plan to make new leaf packs for the rear using some salvage yard leafs. I may add a rusty's 3/4" lift greasable shackle as well.

For the front I am planning on RE control arm drop brackets and a 3/4" spacer. My lower control arms are after-market, fixed length, and measure 15 3/4" long. According to the chart on Yucca-man's website, this should be almost exactly the length I need after the drop brackets are installed. My upper control arms are stock.

Brake lines have alrady been lengthened using yj parts. I will do bumpstops and shocks as needed after replacing the tires to maximize the capabilities of the lift, and minimize the rubbing of the tires.

I've done a lot of reading on here, and I feel like this lift should be an affective and cost efficient way for me to maximize the on and off road handling of my DD. I am just looking for some final opinions before I send in my money. Let me know what you think!

Thanks guys

Hey, I have some Brand New 2" R.E. short AALs, 1 " Blocks, and a set of MJ Shackles with new poly bushings (.75" lift) that you can have. Shoot me a pm............:repair:

That way if you put it all together and you don't like it, hey it was free............... :laugh3:

XJRedneck said:
I'm sure that u know if u go with anything taller than a 4.5" a SYE is considered to be a required part. Just some food for thought.

Sometimes.....I ran 5" for over 2 yrs with out one with out a single problem.....

XJRedneck said:
I'm sure that u know if u go with anything taller than a 4.5" a SYE is considered to be a required part. Just some food for thought.

Yeah, I am aware that if I go too tall a SYE will be required. I'm hoping to end up right at 4 inches, that way I can postpone the SYE purchase for a while.

I'm also hoping that a 4 inches lift with drop brackets will put the lower control arms at almost exactly stock angles, and soften up my ride a little bit.

Back