• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installed the Locker, now what should I check for?

xjj33p3r

NAXJA Member #1108
I just finished installing my locker, and I wanted to make sure I checked over EVERYTHING before I put in the diff fluid and put on the tires. It is a lock-rite locker, and I know I constructed the locker correctly, but I wanted to know if there was any last things that I might need to check. Thanks for helping me find a locker to begin with everyone :)

Hey Texas did you put in a front or rear locker and is it your first ? You will experiance a whole new frontier now. I go places I could only get on my old Kawaski ATV. I got rid of it and locked the Jeep. I stay warmer now too.
Have fun !

Thanks for all the tips guys. For the most part the jeep feels like it's driving really well, and when I flexed it out, seeing as one rear tire was off the ground, I pulled the jeep right out of it with no effort at all. I just gotta try it out this weekend and see how I do. I just hope I don't break anything :D

And also, even though I have 3.55 gears, I found it weird that I still had to take off the ring gear to get the cross shaft out

Haha, we were thinking about doing that, but I just didn't feel comfortable doing that. Either way, the locker drives nicely, nicely on the street (reference to guys and dolls if anyone caught that). The only chance I got to test it out was driving diagonally into a ditch, and seeing how it would pull me out. Usually I would have to take it with some momentum, but this time I crawled in, and crawled back out. It's so nice to have a locker :)

johnny,im glad you got it done. looking back i have 8 missed calls from you and 7 that i answered last night haha. the wifey still thinks you are a freak lol, glad you got it done finally.

Back