• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drilling the Track Bar Mount

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
In the last episode, we figured out the the Pro Comp lift has instructions to drill out the stock mounting hole to install their relocation bracket to the axle. Now that I have the RE adjustable track bar (using the stock mounting hardware on the axle) the hole allows the bolt plenty of room to wallow.

Now... I can redrill a new hole a little farther over or redrill the stock hole even bigger, get a bigger sleeve for the bushing, and use a bigger bolt. I would prefer moving the hole I think. If I did that... any tips on getting the hole perfectly straight on both sides? I thought about drilling one side, then putting the bushing in and using it as a guide, but I don't want to bore it any bigger by accident.

Any ideas?

Thanks
HarveOut-

OGS920 - Over Axle Bracket from JKS Mfg. Might have to shorten the track bar too, but better than redrilling holes in the stock bracket.. that just scares me for some reason.

Sounded to me like he drilled out the backside too... Fortunately I don't know how a Pro Comp bracket works :laugh:

the washer method works just fine.
you can even do the back plate with a washer, a slightly more involved procedure. I learned the hard way (2 nights ago under my heep at 11pm and half a case into it)

start with the back plate. mine was pretty ovaled out, i put the bolt, washer and nut in place without the track bar or bushing. this held the washer in place while i tacked it in from the inside. finished the weld after removing the bolt and had to clean it up a bit with a grinder and an SAE bit (slightliy smaller than the metric bolt to get a tight fit).

from here move on to the front plate. bolt the whole assembly in place, along with the track bar to line everything up. again tack weld the washer in place and disassemble everything to finish the weld (as not to melt the bushing.) a little cleanup with a grinder and you're ready to finish.

hope that shit makes sense.

Back