• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Strange vibration on highway

cykaaro

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting a strange vibration on the highway, and seems to be coming form the drivers side. When I'm on the highway, and I hit approx 95km it'll start when I'm on a smooth stretch of road. If I drop below 90km, or increase to at least 100km, it goes away. If the road becomes quite bumpy at the speed it starts, it goes away.
Any ideas what it could be? I know my u-joints in the front are worn and are being changed the end of the month. Could this be the cause?

TIA

Most anytime I get a vibration around 60 MPH (100km), I look at tire balance. I have the stock multi spoke aluminum rims and I periodically throw a wheel wieght. Which causes a vibration right around 60.
I´ve also had vibrations from mud stuck in the rims, loose front transfer output shaft bearing, loose front pinion bearing and worn front u-joints. The worn bearings, didn´t seem to have a certain speed when they´d vibrate, they seemed to vibrate all the time, but did get worse at certain speeds.

I agree. Mine tends to vibrate around those same speeds as well. I've had the tires balanced about two years ago and it went away. It's starting to come back though which means it's time for more balancing!

Thanks! I'll check on getting it done. I think it's the drivers side front that's doing it, but might just do both for good measure. The back seem fine.

Thanks guys for the help with this. Took it in this morning, and all is good. Feels a bit different now, but not in a bad way, and braking is improved as well.

Much appreciated your help. Lots to learn for the newbie I guess!! :laugh3:

Back