• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Exocage

mbood82

NAXJA Forum User
I recently crashed my Jeep, a 97 two door. The truck was declared totaled (pics here: http://www.umit.maine.edu/~matthew.bodwell/000C665F-80000018/) I am in the process of rebuilding the Jeep, it should be in the frame shop sometime this week. It really doesn't need much to get back on the road, just a frame straightening, new radiator, some lenses, fans and airbags (unless I can get around them.) So I've been considering my options for where I go from here, I got more money from the insurance company then I need to fix it, so I would like to work on stiffening the frame a bit. I've been consdering going the exo cage route, perhaps with the CRok cage. Does anyone have any background with them, and if so, are they worth the price and what do I need to have to have the Jeep fully tied together? I was planning on getting some rock rails for it and I already have a rear bumper I'll need to reattach a little better, I'm lookin at a front bumper too. That seems to be the common places for people to tie into.

OKIE, dont you see more carnage at an average weekend run than he has on that thing:laugh3: ?

nothing like bringing up an old thread LOL...

steagall9301 said:
OKIE, dont you see more carnage at an average weekend run than he has on that thing:laugh3: ?

nothing like bringing up an old thread LOL...
Um yeah.
I got worse than that on the last day of our last run.

Okie Terry said:
I'm not sure he's still seeking an answer......

Eh, I'm always open to suggestions. I actually ended up not doing much to the Jeep beyond getting it street legal again, I had a few other things come up I decided I was better off spending the money on for now. Next year will probably see some more interesting things happening to the Jeep though.

As far as a local cage builder, they pretty much don't exist in this area, at least not in the price range I'd consider it. Most people seem to agree that with the cost of tubing such as it is, buying a pre-bent cage is a better bed anyways.

Nobody asked what your post count is gonna be next week. :laugh3:

Last edited:
dirt714 said:
Nobody asked what your post count is gonna be next week. :laugh3:

yours is almost 666 buddy...:laugh3:

Back