• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

doestch 3000 vs pro comp es 3000

Jeepthang

NAXJA Forum User
im getting ready to buy a rubicon express 3.5" lift and i just wanted some feedback on shocks these were the two shocks i was looking at for now... i know old man emu and rancho are mostly the way to go but for now to get me by im debating on the doestch 3000 or the procomp ES 3000 which is better

I can't tell you which is better, but I picked up some of the Pro Comps off of 4WP's for about 126. Included boots and a Steering Stabalizer.

I'd went with the Doetsch Tech 3000s to replace my Pro Comp es 3000s because I thought they were that much better! I am very happy with them. The DTs give a much smoother ride, the Pro Comps were too harsh for me. After alot of research, DTs seemed to be the best bang for the buck at 3 1/2 inches lift.

The DT's are a great shock...I ran them on my CJ when I couldn't get OME's and thought they were almost as nice as the OME...great ride and not too stiff to jar your kidney's loose offroad...

Matt

If you drive really fast over huge speedbumps and you're worried about bottoming out your shocks...get the Pro comp's. If you'd prefer a decent ride and value your kidneys, get the doestech. Plust the DT's have a lifetime warranty...not sure on the procomp's. You couldn't pay me to put pro comps on my jeep, unless you were my sponsor. Will you sponsor me?

I have the DT3000s and like them. But the only thing I have to compare them with is my old Rough Country Heckethorns.

There are some people who have had problems with the shafts rusting on the DTs. But I haven't had any such problems.

kmagnuss_2000 said:
You couldn't pay me to put pro comps on my jeep . . .
Thanks for reminding me - with 3 XJs in the family, I keep a used parts bin in the garage. . . but these went in the trash along with their front coils (just in case I forgot how much I hated them and was tempted to reuse them)! So, "I wouldn't run Pro Comps if I got them for free." . . .

3XJFamily said:
Thanks for reminding me - with 3 XJs in the family, I keep a used parts bin in the garage. . . but these went in the trash along with their front coils (just in case I forgot how much I hated them and was tempted to reuse them)! So, "I wouldn't run Pro Comps if I got them for free." . . .

x2

Spend the $$ on good shocks and you'll only have to do it once. Don't abuse them and keep the receipt so you can return them under lifetime warranty if anything happens to them. OME or Bilstein would be my pick depending on whether you have done shock conversions yet.

When I was ordering shocks to match the lift, I called Dirk @ DPG (very respected opinion around here) and asked about the DT3000's. He said he will never recommend them again. He said if you flex them a lot and keep the shaft in the oil they are okay, but if they spend a lot of DD time the shaft rusts badly and then whey you flex the seal is destroyed by the rusty shaft.

I bought OME instead and the ride is excellent and they come with a two year warranty.

HTH

Back