• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Purchasing an ATV

XJCasper

NAXJA Member #1042
My wife and I are debating the purchase of some used quads after I sell my car. Where in Washington is the best place to search for used ATV's? Autotrader?

Thanks
Jason

What type of ATV's are you looking for? I can offer advice and my opinions as I ride as well. I ride a Banshee (in the DUNES only) but have knowledge of a lot of the sport quad market.

John

After stopping to pick up a Yamaha brochure it looks as if my sons are going to go with something a little sportier. My wife is going with something more traditional. I will go on a sporty route. With all of the brand choices, can't really make up my mind there. I am leaning towards Yamaha, since my Street bike is an older Yamaha.

Thanks guys
Jason

I ride a Yamaha, but a Banshee which is 2 stroke. If you plan on woods riding, etc I would stay away from the 2 stroke. The ONLY 4 stroke sport bike of Yamaha's I would buy is the YZF450. The raptor is junk, the warrior is just plain outdated, underpowered, etc. The honda bikes are AWESOME too, their 450 is great, the 400EX is a decent bike although slightly dated and underpowered now, they are selling them at HUGE price reductions, but no Reverse. The other one I would recommend if you don't want to spend the $$$ on either the Honda or Yami 450's is the Suzuki/Kawasaki Z400 twins. THey are the EXACT same bike under different colored plastics. I have several friends with these bikes and love them. They aren't quite as fast as the 450's, but are considerably less money, they have reverse, and are excellent all around quads for trail riding, duning, etc.

John

Back