• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a diet

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Who else has put thier jeep on a scale?? I put the truggy on the scale last night and was rather surprised how heavy she is. 4237 with me in it.I won't say how much of that was me but... lets see some more numbers

where/how did you weigh it?

i've always been curious...

BrettM said:
bathroom scale under each tire, one at a time to make it easy. you just have to count really fast how many times the needle goes around past the max weight and back to zero.
hahahhahahah
pst, try a truck stop or a dump or something that has a large scale. Sorry to ruin your fun Brett :laugh3:

MMIXJ said:
where/how did you weigh it?

i've always been curious...

I weighed mine at Bandimere. I cant even remember, it was back in HS...Im thinking around 4200ish.

89 XJ 231 AW-4 Pioneer 3720 with driver - No AC PW PL Cruise.
Its not easy to remove much weight in a street driven vehicle - My drag MJ weighed 2860 with driver - removed all emissions equipment, exhaust system , spare and brackets, heater assembly and underdash brackets, floor and firewall insulation, power steering and brakes, mechanical fan, inner fender shields, front sway bar and brackets, etc.

Starboard M said:
hahahhahahah
pst, try a truck stop or a dump or something that has a large scale. Sorry to ruin your fun Brett :laugh3:
Why do you laugh?

is.php

Mine weighs in at 4000 +- 50.

JKTXJ said:
Okie, Is that the Moab Franken-tire I see?

Wild Country Radial RVT. It's a kick butt tire and relatively cheap.

ryurabbit said:
Ok my weighs about 4850 loaded, what the hell!?
Chop it, crop it, and strip it and your's too will be a middle weight.

Not to mention, I saw how much crap rolled around in side it on the top of Gold Bar Rim.
That was besides you. :D
It wasn't sparsly loaded.

as posted in the thread i linked to, mine was 3600 with only a few gallons of gas, no tools, and no people in it. I'm guessing it's 4000 with myself and packed up for a weekend on the Rubicon. My next plan for dropping weight is to make a lexan hood and rear window, I'm thinking I'll drop 100 pounds.

Back