• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Opinions on small lift blocks and ext. shackles?

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking of adding some 1.75" shackles to my current lift. I did the dakota springs not as much lift as I needed so I added some small 1.5" blocks but I am adding some coil spacers up front now and the back will be lower again. What are you guys opinions on doing this? Also this is only a temporary fix I will be ordering some tomken leaf springs in a couple months. I know it will cause quicker spring fatigue but I figure for a few months it can't be that bad. What else can be caused by this If they break I will just have to order them sooner. Thanks
DIG IT!:cool:

So your adding 1.5" blocks and 1.5" shackle? If you still running the XJ main leaf you maybe in for some spring wrap. Just be careful until you get your new spring packs. I ran a simular setup for awhile and wheel it, then on one trip BAM, sprung the rear leaf while trying to climb HollywoodHill :scared: Just be kind to the skinny pedal and be aware of your weakness when out wheel'n.

XJCHUCK72 said:
So your adding 1.5" blocks and 1.5" shackle? If you still running the XJ main leaf you maybe in for some spring wrap. Just be careful until you get your new spring packs. I ran a simular setup for awhile and wheel it, then on one trip BAM, sprung the rear leaf while trying to climb HollywoodHill :scared: Just be kind to the skinny pedal and be aware of your weakness when out wheel'n.

I ran 3.5" steel blocks for a couple of years in my XJ. No problems ever, but be aware that the thick overload spring was in my Dakota pack. It let some play in the spring, but once it met the rest of the pack springs, it very highly restricted anymore twisting.

I'm unsure how the longer shackles will deal with the stress, as I have only run the stock pieces.

Back