• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat comfort

rightseatsis

NAXJA Member #953
NAXJA Member
Has anyone come up with a way to make the rear seat of the XJ comfortable? I was wondering if there is such a thing as a seat cover for the rear that would add more padding. Any other suggestions?

Mary

The best thing I found. Is to do the driving, so I never have to sit back there. I have sat in the back for short drives, so I can't realy atest how soft or unsoft the seat is, but I know it's tight.

When I had my front seat repaired at a custom interior shop in allentown where they rewelded the frame and add some gussets to it won't break again the guy in the shop put in all new padding and it is alot more comfortable than what was in there before...could probably do that in the back too..

What year XJ do you have? I've only sat in the back of mine once while someone else was driving and a few times while doing some work, but my 95 seems to have a pretty comfortable rear seat. Not a lot of leg room, but the seat itself wasn't that bad. One of my families other rigs had some bad seats that we put an old sheepskin over. All that soft wool was pretty good padding. We only used it because we had it lying around, though. I don't know if you would want to buy one...

rightseatsis said:
Has anyone come up with a way to make the rear seat of the XJ comfortable? I was wondering if there is such a thing as a seat cover for the rear that would add more padding. Any other suggestions?

Mary

get 2 more front buckets and put them in the back, thats what i did...

I have a 2001 XJ. I drive it all the time, so I have not sat in the back, but my 79 year old dad does. He has commented how uncomfortable a ride it is. Maybe I can cover it in sheepskin or something else thats cushy. Any thing else you can think of let me know.

Thanks
Mary

the only time i have been in the back seat was when i was sleeping off a hangover cause i forgot my house key so i slept out front, and when i had my g/f with me and we went "wheelin" (which we did as well by the way)

19Pioneer86 said:
the only time i have been in the back seat was when i was sleeping off a hangover cause i forgot my house key so i slept out front, and when i had my g/f with me and we went "wheelin" (which we did as well by the way)

yeah "wheelin" across the back seat is always fun.... :rolleyes:

i take the grandparents around for shopping and stuff... they say the same. the rear seat isn't known for comfort or space...but you could try some pillows and/or extra seat cusions. it just so happens that when you get old your padding gets too soft or disappears...the sheepskin cover sounds like a good suggestion^.
i use pillows for the grandparents and the blind lady down the street, it works but not long trips.

19Pioneer86 said:
oh yea and as to follow up... not to comfortable in either situation due to lack of room. but im also 6,2 so yea...
atta boy!

Back