• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherokee, trade for CJ?

Dr. Jones

NAXJA Forum User
Basically I'm looking for a cherokee. I have a 78 CJ5 that I would like to trade for one in or around UT. Something with a 4.0, preferably an auto, but I don't care too much as long as it's 4wd and not too many miles (under 200k). Something with some lift would be nice too. I love the CJ, but I need something with more space that can be a DD. I'm a family man now and the CJ just doesn't work for me anymore. If not a trade, I'll be trying to sell the CJ at which point I'll be looking for an XJ for under $2000.
The CJ is registered right now, but it's primarely a trail rig.
Specs:
1978 Jeep CJ5

-AMC 2bbl 360cid V8
-Borg Warner T19 4 speed 6.32-1first out of a scout mated to a dana20
-Scout d44's front and rear
-Outboarded YJ 4" Skyjacker suspension,With Custom low friciton powdercoating for enhanced Flex.
-6 Point roll cage
-Tuffy security Center Console.
-home built LED recessed tailights
-Seatbelts out of a Huey Helicopter up front with quick release latches.
-home built Steering Linkage
-home built Clutch linkage
-Grant GT Wheel.
The body Has It's share of road rash on the rocker panels and rear 1/4panels,
front fenders have been trimmed to flatfender style.
Rear wheelwells have been cut larger for better Tire clearence.
It has Incredibly strong powersteering. It sits on 33" Bfg A/t's. Or can i can throw some 35" BFG m/t's on instead.
For those who are concerned with RTI scores this Jeep ramps about 1150 on a 20 degree ramp
(with 33" tires).

PM me if you want pictures.

Last edited:
Back