• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Brake ?

hoytinak

NAXJA Forum User
When i hit the brakes (soft or slam them) they feel real sluggish. It takes awhile to stop, and I can actually hear what sounds like air coming from around the brake pedal. My brake light stays on constently. I'm thinking maybe the booster? Pretty much everything but the booster and the mc is new. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Which brake light ? the one thats on the instrument panel or the two in the back ? There is a bunch of stuff to check.
1st is the soft brake lines themselves, as they age they will get weaker and expand, part of the work being done by the booster is going to expanding those lines.
2nd is the booster, especially if you hear air, actually I think you are hearing vacumn. Does the idle change :D thats a dead giveaway
3rd is the master cylinder. If you are planning on keeping it you might as well do the booster and MC in one shot....
Oh, don't forget to bench bleed the new MC before you put it in...

the light on the dash, stays on....all the soft lines are braided stainless steal, and they're only a couple months old. and the idle don't change at all.....yeah i think this coming weekend i'll go ahead a just replace both. thanks for the reply

The dash light is a good indicator that you have a problem :laugh3:

The dash light comes on when there is a pressure imbalance between the front and rear circuits. A leaking power booster will not trigger the brake warning light.

Back