• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mr. Alternator

redsand187

NAXJA Forum User
Well the alternator on the Jeep is dead. (cheap Pep boys alt that is only 18 months old) So I was looking at getting a higher output one. Mr. Alternator offers a 160amp alternator for 180 bucks.

Does anyone have this Alternator? What's your opinon?

I have had it 2 1/2 years. Its an all new denso unit. Good product. This is the only aftermarket alt i have ever bought so .... it works fine.

You may look into getting your unit rebuilt locally, most shops can rebuild it to make more amps, plus if they offer a warrantied product you can return it locally if you break it :thumbup:

Mr. Alternator was a great deal compared to mean green Altenators i think like 45% cheaper if i remember correctly.

Ask around locally first i think its the best deal.

Last edited:
That last time I asked about getting more output locally, the shop told me they wouldn't be able to get more the 130 amps. I know that Mr. Alternator has been around for quite some time so I figured they would be a decent company to deal with.

I just wished we had a pepboy's here, as that alternator still has a prorated warranty.

redsand187 said:
That last time I asked about getting more output locally, the shop told me they wouldn't be able to get more the 130 amps. I know that Mr. Alternator has been around for quite some time so I figured they would be a decent company to deal with.

I just wished we had a pepboy's here, as that alternator still has a prorated warranty.

Well if they can rebuild a 90 amp stock XJ unit to 130 see how much they can build a durango unit too. There is a write up on here or pirate on swaping in a durango (and a few other chrylser vehicles i forget but durango for sure!) It was a greatr write up with parts numbers and every little thing you will need to do. Look into that. I will look in my bookmarks i may have saved it, if not search on here and pirate. Just score a junkyard durango alt.

found the link but the pics are red x's now :rattle:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=172316

gitter done.

Back