• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width XJ 1st flex pics

crazy4mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Take a look, tell me what you think, any constructive criticism would be great
d44.JPG

I need to do somthing about the rear shackles!!!
d441.JPG

d442.JPG

d443.JPG

d444.JPG

d445.JPG

d446.JPG

can't really tell to well from the pics but what did you do about a track-bar? i want to do that 1/2 ton steering to and was looking for ideas

bigredjeep said:
tryed revolver shackels? they come in handy when flexin
yeah, on a ramp. do a little reading about real world use and you will quickly discover that they are somewhere between useless and bad, but definitely a waste of money.

Lee, looks good, the flex seems to be very even. I'll go ahead and say it for Richard, the arms hang way too low at the frame end, but I'm sure you're well aware of the compromises there.
I really don't like the looks of the steering though, it is very low with the tie-rod under the steering arms, and you probably have a bit of a dead spot because of the inverted T steering. Do you get full turn out of it? I didn't using stock Waggy steering/axle and a ZJ arm, I needed a crossover arm that was shorter than the stock steering arm. At the very least beef that tie-rod up a bunch.

i think the steering looks great. big and strong, and its in perfect line with the track bar. why would he have a dead spot alot of people have inverted T steering.

Welcome to the wonderful world of no-flex"!
Brought to you today by: Ford and their radius arm design! :D

I feel your pain. :laugh3:
Jeep on!
--Pete

45427371.jpg

I have a dead spot in my steering. Turns out that the drag link rotates. I lessened the amount of dead spot by loosening the adjuster and rotating the upper tie rod end one way and the rest of the bar the otherway so as to reduce the amount of rotation that's possible.
19251414.jpg

Last edited:
what kind of leaves are those

HoodRichXJ said:
Looks good, any pics of it parked just wanting to get an idea of what it looks like at that lift those tires and fulwidths. -steve

Yeah, me too. Can U post up a poser shot of the front with the tires on the ground front and rear? It looks good Lee, glad to see you and up and running. What are the spec on the axle (gears, lockers, alloys)??? I hope to be up and running within a month with my hp44/9" as well.

Troy

Pete M said:
Welcome to the wonderful world of no-flex"!
Brought to you today by: Ford and their radius arm design! :D

I feel your pain. :laugh3:
Jeep on!
--Pete
I have a dead spot in my steering. Turns out that the drag link rotates. I lessened the amount of dead spot by loosening the adjuster and rotating the upper tie rod end one way and the rest of the bar the otherway so as to reduce the amount of rotation that's possible.

I'll have a Wristed arm soon to cure the no flex problem. No problems with the steering at all, works lock to lock and no dead spot.

Back