• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stock track bar

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
ok i got it all back together ....except the track bar.. i gave up trying to reconnect the lower mount with it on jack stands and axle hanging.. jacking 1 side then another... damn near pulled the ruck off the jackstands sideways with a come-along attatched to another truck... now the wheels are installed and this is the last thing.... it still needs to move about 3/4" to the driver side to line up.... got dark and i gave up... what should i look at next? take it off at the ball joint and try ilining it up on that end? i will get it sonner or later.. just looking for a few ideas or attatchment points for my trusty come-along... thanx guy...
mc

Put the truck on its tires and have someone push it sideways a few times. Sooner or later the track bar lower hole will line up, and you will be albe to pass the bolt through it. Don't do it on the stands.

Depending on your lift, the above might be dead easy (small lift) to next to impossible (big lift).

Rgds

Get it back on the ground, start it up and have someone turn the steering wheel one direction or the other. It should eventually line up as the steering pushes the Jeep sideways over the now grounded axle.

Or, with it sitting on its tires just turn the steering wheel. The suspension will stay in place as the body/chassis moves sideways. It's the track bar's job to keep this from happening.

PaulJ said:
I guess we were both giving the same answer at the same time.
This trick also works well with lining up control arms to their respective mounts.
biggthumpup.gif

thanks guys.....that was what i was thinking.. it is sitting on the ground and only 3/4" off center... just a spacer lift for the front... i know doin it on the stands was a bad idea after i tried it.. now i gotta wait a day or so for the rain to be gone.. F'ing rain!!!!!

Back