• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end woows

littlexj1

NAXJA Forum User
i have a bad case of death wobble...so i got a new dana 30...good ball joints, good hubs, new HD rustys tie rod conv. and new rustys track bar kit, good stablizer shock...got it all together today set the toe and drove it....still there...so i ripped off the tires and replaced them with brand new ones.....took it for a ride and still it has no change...still have the violant shake the only stops when i stop....the steering box and unibody around it seem fine....everything is tight...the only thing left are the rims...i am just about out of money at this point and i really wanna drive my jeep again....anyone have any ideas of some thing small i may have over looked?

control arms the same length?

front driveshaft in balance? (pull it - then drive and see what happens)

pinion nice and tight?

correct pinion angle?

Also....How much lift?.....What size tires/rims?.....What all was changed on the xj PRIOR to noticing/experiencing the wobble? All of this info would make it a little bit easier to narrow down your problem(s).
Aron

OEM wheels or aftermarket? If aftermarket that don't center on the hub pilot, you can get rings that make them. Reduces lots of headaches w/ shimmy.

i had 4.5 inches....this weekend while it was apart i went to 6...but i have had the problem for a couple of months i started a just a little shimmy....then finally got to the point i am at now with death wobble...i am leaning towards a rim problem cause thats all thats left to change.....i have balanced my own tires for years on a bubble balancer....the only thing left to do is take the rims to STS and let them spin them? right now i have 1 year old simulated bead locks on it and i think i am gonna order some "D" stlye wagon wheels and get rid of the extra out side weight the fake bead locks have...its the only thing left to do....if this doesnt fix it i am gonna buy a trailer...haha

explorer said:
OEM wheels or aftermarket? If aftermarket that don't center on the hub pilot, you can get rings that make them. Reduces lots of headaches w/ shimmy.

Where does one get those rings?

Have you had a full alignment after you installed the new kit. Things just sound out of whack.

Back