• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tie rod flip.

mack

NAXJA Forum User
i just got my goferit tie rod flip kit today, i,m going to install it this weekend, has anyone done this and maybe have any tips or info? it came with no info, just the insert and the nut.
any help would be great.
thanks.

I advise that you tack the insert in 3 places around the top.

If you ever have to try to get that thing off of the TRE, you'll wish you had.

Okie Terry said:
I advise that you tack the insert in 3 places around the top.

If you ever have to try to get that thing off of the TRE, you'll wish you had.
x2!
Been there, done that!

fairly easy drill out hole to 3/4" which goes fast. On mine the insert protruded out the bottem a 1/16" or so which i ground flat so the nut will contact both the knuckle and the insert.

87CherokeeChief said:
do actually need the little kit to do this? or can you just flip it and use the crown nut(i think its called) and the cotter pin??
If you don't use the flip kit, you can drill it, then ream it from the top. Except now you'll need 1ton TREs, as your stock ones won't fit the reamed out hole.

okay, seems pretty easy, thanks for the help.:wave:

nate said:
Has anythough though of putting the draglink on the top of the knuckle?? Cut the draglink by the bent, flip in, sleeve it and reinstall??
For a low budget fix, it will work.

nate said:
Has anythough though of putting the draglink on the top of the knuckle?? Cut the draglink by the bent, flip in, sleeve it and reinstall??

You can use a right hand drive one for that.

hinkley

Back