• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Vacum Question

dbltapp

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 xj, and in another post I was reading that a vacum leak can be the cause of no CC, and AC coming out of the defrost vents. I found the leak, and the line, but my question is where the line ends. I want to replace the line from the T juction to whever it ends, behind my passenger side headlight. So, does anyone know wher it ends? Thanx

It ends at a plastic vacuum reservoir (affectionately known as the "blimp") behind the bumper. If you rummage around down there, you'll find it hiding behind a piece of flexible material. It's a good idea to check the blimp itself for cracks and leaks, especially if you've ever had a fender-bender. The feet can break off and leave a hole. Some people move theirs inboard to prevent breakage as well as avoiding the corrosive effect of the battery on the tubing.

Back