• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front end rebuild kit ??

dan89XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I have a 89 cherokee with 203,000 miles.. I am thinking of rebuilding the front end.. new tie rods, ball joints, bushings, etc.. Is there a Kit out there ?

I am also considering lifting my Jeep in the future.. 3" or so.. I found a lower ball joint that is offset and will add 1 to 1.5 degrees of chamber + or - Has anyone heard of these ?

When rebuilding the front end.. is there anything I can do diffrent so it'll be good for a 3" lift ?

Anyone Just went with Heim joints for steering linkage ? Is it better to do that ?

Thanks !
Dan

There is no "kit" for replacing all the front end parts. Ball joints, tie rod ends, hub/bearings, and track bars are all available as replacement parts, from various sources, at various prices, and or varying quality. Quadratec is a good source for less-than-dealer prices. Dunno about the quality of their ball joints and tie rod ends.

Lift kits are a separate issue from front end rebuild. Look at Rusty's and Rubicon Express for starters. Or, for a bit more money and a bit less lift, OME.

Those offset ball joints you refer to are intended to correct caster or camber problems, they are not intended for use on a vehicle that doesn't have problems.

Back