• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CJ Flares on an XJ?

RED BULL

NAXJA Forum User
I read through the 6 page thread about flares, but didn't see anyone running them. I picked up a set yesterday from a friend and they look like they'll work pretty good! Anyone have any experience with these? I'm running 5 inches of lift and 33x10.50's right now with the stock flares trimmed. I'm trying to make room for 35's without much more lift (maybe 1"-2")... Any advice or info is greatly appreciated!

Aaron

No one runs them because they are way too small, i think the stock xj ones are bigger, i still have a set from my old cj, and yes, they are smaller, you can do better with cut stock xj ones.

if your just trying for more room. why not just go ahead and cut them. then try and track down some tj flares

I actually have a set of TJ Flares that I bought originally, but I'm not totally sold on them yet. The CJ flares are about 2 inches wider than the stock flares that I'm running now (trimmed of course...). Thanks for the replies and if anyone has pics of someone doing something similar, please post up!

Thanks,
Aaron

Back