• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track Bar Bolt Waller

Harvo

NAXJA Forum User
I have the RE HD Track Bar mount and adj. trackbar. It's 3 weeks old and has seen one wheeling trip and some testing. Before I installed it, I removed a ProComp 3" lift that had a track bar adjuster on the axle end. THat came off and I used the original bolt, and nut with wing thing to mount the RE stuff. I have the lower bolt as tight as I can get it, but the bushing will still move back and forth parrallel to the axle. It's like the bushing hole is too big for the bolt. Did I miss a metal bushing sleeve or something. Has that happened to anyone else? Thanks

HarveOut-

Harvo said:
I have the RE HD Track Bar mount and adj. trackbar. It's 3 weeks old and has seen one wheeling trip and some testing. Before I installed it, I removed a ProComp 3" lift that had a track bar adjuster on the axle end. THat came off and I used the original bolt, and nut with wing thing to mount the RE stuff. I have the lower bolt as tight as I can get it, but the bushing will still move back and forth parrallel to the axle. It's like the bushing hole is too big for the bolt. Did I miss a metal bushing sleeve or something. Has that happened to anyone else? Thanks

HarveOut-
It sounds like the hole has wallowed out from previous movement. You can either REALLY crank down on it, or drill a new hole in the mount 1/2" or so over from the current one and readjust the trackbar.
HTH :wave:

I used a one size larger SAE bolt with a nut on the back in mine (Rusty's HD) and it fit nice and tight. Way better than the stocker. I can't for the life of me remember the size but with the right length you can easily get a nut on the back.

y2kxj said:
I used a one size larger SAE bolt with a nut on the back in mine (Rusty's HD) and it fit nice and tight. Way better than the stocker. I can't for the life of me remember the size but with the right length you can easily get a nut on the back.
Another way to fix it!
Good idea.

Thanks. I remember that I had to put maybe two washers before the nut so I could get the wrench on it tight. Otherwise it was behind the bracket too far.

You know... I remember that Pro Comp had me drill a bigger hole now. It's been years and I forgot. Thanks! Thanks for all the suggestions!

IT doesnt work with the RE bar unless you drill out the bushing sleeve also!

RCP Phx said:
IT doesnt work with the RE bar unless you drill out the bushing sleeve also!

In this guys case it's already wallowed out.

Harvo,

Keep in mind the extreme stresses the trac bar bolt sees. The factory uses a metric grade 10.9 bolt (at least that's what the bolt I bought at the dealer last week had stamped on it).

If you do replace it with a larger one I would look to replace it with a bolt as hard if not harder than the original.

Back