• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear Run in August

Loose_Nuts_Enterprises

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Hey guys, My family(severely extended family) and group are going to be caping at crab flats campground Aug 8-10. Probably do holcomb creek trail and dishpan, kind of our annual tradition, and possibly john bull. I'd like to exten the invitation to you.
If you are thinking of camping at teh campground, I encourage you to make reservations right away. We're a real casual group, usually getting out of camp between 9-10am.

It would be great to have you!

Dan

I'll probably go on the runs. I won't have to camp, though, since I'm probably moving to a cabin in Arrowbear in a few weeks. :D

Perfect staging place, if people want to meet there for Big Bear runs! I'm stoked, it's only 20-30 minutes down the hill to my work, and cheaper than my ghetto one-bedroom apartment in Colton!

Mike

It's official today! I move in the middle of July!

http://www.cataclysm.net/~mgolden/cabin.jpg

The only bad part is there's no driveway or garage. Tim... Jay... May be wanting to borrow one of your driveways for future upgrades! :spin1:

I was talking to the neighbor lady, and she seems cool. I need to get in good with her so I can get her to let me park my boat on her property! :D

borrow driveway?

I can let you work in my driveway but as far as hauling it up there I might miss it too much! Com' on down the hill, got all the tools and access to many more. Welder, air tools, jacks, stands, space.

Your XJ would probably make it, although there are a few spots that aren't exactly "rocker panel friendly." We had a grand cherokee with a 3 inch lift and 31s up there last year and he got a few good dingers. I can't say for sure if it's inevitable though, because I don't think he waited for a spotter before he went for it. That was on Holcolmb Creek Trail. Have you done much wheeling before? If not, you may want to find someone to ride with. Don't want to give you a bad experience your first time out with a dented up XJ. That tends to put a hamper on the fun factor. But, you're more than welcome whatever you decide.

Dan

I'm hoping that the forest doesn't get closed before we go on this trip. May plan an alternate trip to Los Coyotes Indian Reservation if it does get closed. I hope the refund our money for our reservations at crab flats if it is closed.

Dan

Looks like the plan has definitely changed. Los Coyotes Indian Reservation it is. I've never been there but I'm being told by friends who have, that the trails and scenery are great. Also they have a lot more space for camping, and is cheaper too.

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll get you directions.

Dan

Where is Los Coyotes? Terrain? I've heard the name before but all things aside I'm still pretty clueless. :D

Anybody?

It's down in the mountain range between Julian and Anza, toward Lake Elsinore. The elevation is similar to Big Bear, but mostly Juniper trees as opposed to conifers. Its trails are mild to stupid. One called El Hill is infamous for gnarly end over end rollovers for short wheelbase rigs. Probably avoid that one. The horror stories already have me psyched out. I'll see if I can't find a map on mapquest or something.

Dan

Los Coyotes Indian Reservation is down south in SD county... .can't give you a precise location but from what I heard it's got some really nice trails of varied difficulty.... yup Tim.. it means that you'd actually have to drive to a trail for a change :D

let's see if this works

refreshmap.adp

Back