• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

homemade hitch?

MMIXJ

NAXJA Forum User
has anybody fab'd up a custom hitch?

i know they aren't expensive to buy (in fact i already have one), but am looking for one w/ round tube to match rear bumper i'm designing. assuming i copy the basic design of the mounts and the truss(?) to the receiver of my class III drawtite, it can't be that hard can it?

photos a bonus.

thanks.

edit: since i'm guessing some will be tempted to say "why not just incorporate into the custom bumper", i don't want the receiver that high... already running an 8" drop.
;)

Last edited:
I am making a custom hitch for my MJ. Im using a 99 fullsize chevy reciever hitch(found it in a dumpster at my friends work :) not a thing wrong with it) I figure on using a piece of like 4" round tube, and welding the reciever to it. Im not going to be towing big loads with it or extracting myself with it, I just need it to move a little trailer around the yard. Ill post some pics of it when I get it done.

Back