• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out this XJ armor

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
A couple of friends of mine in the States are going to produce these quarter panel guards that have the taillights built in. It looks like a good solution.

http://www.thor4x4.com/HTML/xjtg.html

What do you guys think?

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3645.jpg

I like the fact that they didnt even wash teh jeep before bolting the things on!

pretty nice, to bad no 97 and up ones though

Atl-Atl said:
I like the fact that they didnt even wash teh jeep before bolting the things on!
do you think it might be possible that it got dirty afterwards

Ramsey said:
pretty nice, to bad no 97 and up ones though

From their site:
Currently available for 1984 to 1996 Model XJs. 1997 to 2000 Model XJ Quarter Guard Taillights are under development and will be available soon. ;)

Joe said:
Maybe it's a special metal that repeals dirt? :wierd:
could have wiped them off for the shot :dunno: nice thinking though

Gojeep said:
From their site:
Currently available for 1984 to 1996 Model XJs. 1997 to 2000 Model XJ Quarter Guard Taillights are under development and will be available soon. ;)
thanks for that, didnt catch it

NCSUcherokee said:
Looks good except for the absence of side markers which some states require to pass inspection, I guess it wouldn’t be that hard to add on your own.
Be easier to just punch that side marker hole out to begin with as most states need this to be legal. Seems like a good design, running them up another 5" would protect the entire quarter area.

It would have been nice to go up to the window for more protection like....Jes', but the many unobvious curves in the body to not allow for broke angles as well as a smooth radius to match the body.

That is correct. The XJ rear 1/4 has a curve top to bottom as well as front to rear. If the tail lights are one piece with the armor the 90* brake bend will straighten the top to bottom curve not allowing them to fit tightly to a non smashed 1/4. Also the logo cut into the side looks to me to be a good spot for dirt and water to settle in.

Here's mine:
1106365841_jeep_314.jpg

1106278296_jeep_300.jpg

Action shot:
a5b396c9.jpg

I will probably be adding another piece above these guards with a bend/break in it to match the body contour. It is impossible to have them bent all in one pieces because of the various contours involved. I had hoped for the option of NOT having the THOR logo, but since mine were prototypes it wasn't an option :)

John

jjmat3 said:
Look good. Can you get them w/out the Thor cut into the side? (the one thing I'm not thrilled about on my rear C-Rok bumper)

agreed... i don't like this trend...
warn, poison spyder, skid row... everybody's gotta carve their logo out in steel now. :rolleyes:

MMIXJ said:
agreed... i don't like this trend...
warn, poison spyder, skid row... everybody's gotta carve their logo out in steel now. :rolleyes:
It's ironic that you say that when using this as your avatar:
But I agree with what you're saying; I suppose if I wanted something carved in the steel on my Jeep it would be MY name, not that of some company.

Back