• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Economic Impact Survey for the northeast US..

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
yes i know i posted this in 2 forums but i am trying to get attention with this..

i have been involved with the East coast 4 Wheel Drive Assoc. for a while now and they are looking to update their previous survey info from a few years back.. this is a survey that will put "on paper" what the OHRV (off road recreational vehicle) community spends as a whole and on average as well.. this is info we use when we approach law makers about how important we are financially to these communities that we frequent.
heres a basic example of a small town in western Ma that hosted the once popular BEACON trail.. 20 rigs per weekend x 30 weekends annually x $100 per vehicle (fuel, food, parts,misc..) = $60,000 from us directly into the few small businesses in a small no-industry town... thats a basic average estimate of ONE trail.. there are nearly 200 off-road related clubs and organizations with in the NAC boundaries... and almost all of them wheel regularly.. take that estimate and multiply it by the number of trails in our geographic area.... we spend a tremendous amount of money on our rigs just so we can spend more money travelling to wheel, camping, breaking them and buying new stuff at the local store..
THIS IS NOT JUST FOR THE MASSACHUSETTS AREA.... this survey is being conducted by the EC4WDA region "D" which covers a little more area than the NAC does.. so we all fall within its survey area.....
the survay asks for personal info like a name just so it can be proven that the results werent "fixed".. personal info WILL NOT BE RELEASED.....

please take a few minutes to upload the survey, print it and send it back.... this is just one more tool we use when we deal with law makers who may view us as "rednecks" of a lower socio-economic status (hows that for a big word??) we are not just renegades who do whatever we want .. although there are still many of us who cant grow up and act like an adult behind the wheel....

thanks for letting me ramble...

here is a link to the EC4WDA site where you can download a survey file...

http://ec4wda.org/docs.asp

if you have any questions or concerns please by all means ask me.....

i will even make a personal donation to our "rescue" fund of $2 for each member OR forum user who returns a survey... i hope to regret that comment but i WILL stand by it....

give a copy to everyone you know!!!!!!

:soapbox:

( ok now i'm done)

:gag:

Back