• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory '87 XJ Dana 44 rear axle - WA

NotMatt

NAXJA Forum User
Factory D44 from my '87 XJ. I'm pulling it out this weekend one way or the other. Has 3.07 gears, welded track-loc carrier. Probably needs new brakes, and I'm guessing you'll want to regear it to match your front unless you have a 5-spd XJ or MJ.

I want $350 OR trade me a centered rear wagoneer 44 (six lug) and $200.

Axle is located in Leavenworth, WA. You pick up, I don't want to ship this thing.

Send me a PM or post in the thread if you have questions or I forgot some details.

Last edited:
NotMatt said:
Factory D44 from my '87 XJ. I'm pulling it out this weekend one way or the other. Probably needs new brakes, has 3.07 gears, welded track-loc carrier. Probably needs new brakes, and I'm guessing you'll want to regear it to match your front unless you have a 5-spd XJ or MJ.

I want $350 OR trade me a centered rear wagoneer 44 (six lug) and $200.

Axle is located in Leavenworth, WA. You pick up, I don't want to ship this thing.

Send me a PM or post in the thread if you have questions or I forgot some details.

350 is steep if it needs new brakes... what condition are the bearings in?

Everything's in good shape, it's been under my rig for a while now, no noises or other issues. There's another guy in here asking $350 for an XJ D44 in CA, guess you could see if you can get that one, but mine's closer. :)

NotMatt said:
Everything's in good shape, it's been under my rig for a while now, no noises or other issues. There's another guy in here asking $350 for an XJ D44 in CA, guess you could see if you can get that one, but mine's closer. :)

good point... let me think about it

It's right smack dab in the center of the state. Basically from Bellingham, you'd go down I-5 to Everett, then take US2 over Stevens pass and it would bring you right to Leavenworth.

Let me know if you're interested. I'm going to pull it on Saturday, so it will be ready Saturday night or Sunday.

Yeah I can drive out on Sunday and pick it up. Would you be willing to drive a little up US2 so that I don't have to go as far?

Matt98XJ said:
Yeah I can drive out on Sunday and pick it up. Would you be willing to drive a little up US2 so that I don't have to go as far?

It depends, I'm not sure what my plans are on Sunday, I may be gone and you may pick it up from my dad, and in that case I don't think I can convince him to drive it up US2. If I'm around on Sunday, I could, but I'd rather you come straight here. The next closest place up 2 that I could go to would be Cole's Corner, and if you're driving to there you might as well come all the way and have lunch in town or something. :)

So, in short, probably not.... :)

Thats fine then, I'll just come all the way out. Are you going to have it out for sure by Sunday? If so I'll definately come out and pick it up.

Matt98XJ said:
Let me know if it will be ready. Already have cash in hand.

Yes, it will be ready for sure. I have one other guy who is in line in front of you, and he will let me know soon whether or not he can commit, then I will give you the go-ahead and directions and stuff. Sound good?

Back