PDA

View Full Version : Any runs not too far from portland?

afjeep2082
February 7th, 2005, 23:07
Hey just wanted to see if there are any runs comeing up not too far from portland? I'm new to wheeling here...I've done most my wheeling in north dakota, but anyways I'd like to go out with a group for a day sometime.

cherowagon
February 8th, 2005, 09:20
i go to brown's camp usually once a month. i will post up when i go. there is a run there on the 19th, but i am not gonig to that one. got to work.

wannabe
February 8th, 2005, 11:37
I usually go to browns camp once or twice a month. A bunch of us are going to sand lake on thurs. the 10th. Would like to hear of some other places around here though. I know that there are places outside estacada but i havent been in a really long time and there are supposedly places near camas.

PoSxJ
February 8th, 2005, 16:05
There's a OHB run this saturday the 12th to browns. I can give you detail if you want.

dellstopjeep
February 8th, 2005, 18:23
the place i think u have heard of by camas is larch mountain, the place where i rolled my jeep. to be honest its not even worth your time if you live somewhat near browns camp. browns camp is about 50 minutes away and larch is 20 so i do go there on occasion. Another good place is in woodland and it is called the woodland bottoms. You can drive out into the ocean when the tide is out and there are some trails that are alright, no runs there usually though. Most runs i even hear about are at browns camp. I may go on the run on the 19th if it is for non heavily modified vechicles

crookedletterd
February 8th, 2005, 20:22
there is a run there on the 19th

Wheres the info on this? I'm interested

wrecked
February 8th, 2005, 23:05
the place i think u have heard of by camas is larch mountain, the place where i rolled my jeep. to be honest its not even worth your time if you live somewhat near browns camp. browns camp is about 50 minutes away and larch is 20 so i do go there on occasion. Another good place is in woodland and it is called the woodland bottoms. You can drive out into the ocean when the tide is out and there are some trails that are alright, no runs there usually though. Most runs i even hear about are at browns camp. I may go on the run on the 19th if it is for non heavily modified vechicles

Woodland Washington? I live a pretty short drive from Woodland and wouldnt mind looking into some places there. If anyone has plans to go wheel in woodland I would like to know.

I'd also like some more information on the browns run. Where is it, what kind of terrain, and whats needed to go?

TORX
February 8th, 2005, 23:24
the place i think u have heard of by camas is larch mountain, the place where i rolled my jeep.

where at on larch did you roll it (road#)

TORX

crookedletterd
February 9th, 2005, 00:06
what kind of terrain, and whats needed to go?

there is everything from mild to wild. to give you an idea of how many trails there are, check out the map here
http://www.odf.state.or.us/AREAS/northwest/tillamook/tsf/OHV%20trailpage.asp

Whats needed to go? A Class II ATV Sticker, and you should have some basic recovery gear just incase.