• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

custom leaf pack

DaltonXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know what I can use for a center bolt I am unable to find the corect size center bolt for my rear leafs.. can anyone help me...?

Is there another type of bolt I can use? has anyone used anything else?

DaltonXJ said:
I need to know what I can use for a center bolt I am unable to find the corect size center bolt for my rear leafs.. can anyone help me...?

Go to the hardware store and buy some allen head bolts (the black ones), 5/16 or 3/8 whatever diameter you need. They have a round, raised head and are usually grade 8:)

FUNKYTEE5

DaltonXJ said:

Rancho makes replacements and are worth the $5 or so for the pair.

Tractor supply has them too...
the heads on mine were a little to big for the perch on my d35, so i had to grind the head down a little bit... but alls well
good ol lathe - im going to miss the midwest and abundance of machinery over summer when i move back to the bay area...

Stock size is 5/16". (That's the shank diameter, not the head diameter.)

If you don't have a lathe you can always drill the hole bigger on the spring perch if it doesn't fit. Just find a local spring shop and get the stock size 5/16" spring bolts unless you're going to drill the springs and perch out slightly and then go to 3/8". My 5/16" ones were bent each time I pulled them out so I went to 3/8" and drilled them out.

Back