• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex long arms VS others, please give $.02

Uni

NAXJA Forum User
What does everyone think of the teraflex long arm convertion? Is it relativelly easy to install? What are some of the other long arms kits out there that can compare in quality and functionality? Thanks in advance.:)

The Tera flex long armonlyreplaces the lower control arms an leaves the stock uppers in place.....not a great setup, rockkrawler, seems to have a nice system along withclaytons ong arm set up

Youll really have castor/pinion problems with the Tera kit!

When I did my lift last year I was told that they were headed towards the discontinued item column. Think about the extreem diference in radius that the end of the uca & lca would need to travel. The dollar value just doesn't seem to be there at the price they want either. I can barely afford to do mod.s once, I found that research was my best investment.
I spent a year to decide what was the best product for my needs.
There are quite a few long arms out there. If you keep your eyes on the threads here, Search the archived threads, ask questions and wade through a couple bias', you will be well served.
If you get bored, you can always stir up the LA/SA pot to a good boil. LOL

Thanks for the help, I'll look into clayton's and other companies. I'll stay the heck away from Rusty's junk. I don't want to sound like an ingrate, but the reason Im cosidering long arms is because I've been having such a hard time with DW. According to a lot of information sources, after having looked at just about everything on the bottom of the jeep, the steep angles on the LCA's could have a something to do with it. And the CA came from Rusty's. Also if you read some of my other threads I've had nothing but trouble with his products. CA, my buddy's steering conversion, shocks,never receiving my parts on time even though I pay for over night shipping. Crusty's is just poor quality.

why not drop brackets? I was going longarm and piecing together a lift, but it was too expensive for me, so I am now going with the RE 6200 kit 5.5" kit. If you already have decent control arms just get the drop brackets much cheaper in the long run. If you have done your research drop brackets and long arms are very similar as far as results. Hopefully I didn't get the guys started on the long arm/short arm debate. whoops!:D

Haycock Fab. will build u a cross memeber. pm him (its Norcalxj) top o the line stuff!!

stoney

Uni said:
...I've been having such a hard time with DW. According to a lot of information sources, after having looked at just about everything on the bottom of the jeep, the steep angles on the LCA's could have a something to do with it. And the CA came from Rusty's.

No matter who's control arms you go with, the angle of the arm is totally dependent on your lift height, not the brand stampt on it. That is unless you pay the extra bucks to go with drop brackets or long arms.

If I wante d to get relocating brackets will I also have to get Adj. control arms? My Lowers are fixed now for a 6" lift, but as I mentioned before I don't like the angle. Comments?:)

Again, LCAs being adjustable or not has nothing to do with the angle. That is what the drop brackets are for. If you go with the brackets you may need adjustable CAs, but it would be for locating the axle, not the CA angle. Someone else can answer your question as I am going long arm and have no experience with the drop brackets.

Crunch

Back