• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mad Scientist Mode.

Dragon_Fly

NAXJA Forum User
I am in the process of buying another rig. Well actually two wagons for a reasonable price. Both are late 70's models TLC FJ55's. One of them is completely rusted out and the other is in very good shape with minimal rust. The second one is what I will be doing a lift and fixing it up for wheeling. The rust bucket is something else. I was thinking of doing one of two things with it. First would be cut the whole roof section out and make it into a convertible with a full body rollcage and canvas top. The second was take my 88 XJ and making brackets ( I have done this in the past with another vehicle) and mating the XJ to the FJ55 frame. Keeping my 4.0, AW4 and having a local shop drum up some new driveshafts. Sure it would be a frankenjeep but I think I could make it work. This btw would be the third jeep in my area that has converted to a land cruiser frame.

Back