• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cut my Tires!

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a set of old Thars! Groundhawg gumbo mudders. They were used so i can't complain about the price, but I can complain about the tread, which was definitely made for tearing through peanut butter.I want something thats a more little all around, so I'm probably gonna take a tire iron to them. Here is a pic of the groundhawgs next to a SS TSL.
TAHRS.jpg

Here is a pic of the cutting pattern people usually cut into the TSLs, and the simple first cuts im probably making to the groundhawgs
CUTTAHRS.jpg

You can see that the lugs in the TSLs fold into each other when they wrap around an object. The sidelugs on the groundhawgs are fused to the center chevrons, so thick/deep cuts there should help them out a bit. I would cut the middle chevrons like the TSLs, but they come already split across the middle, which might make too many little tall lugs = chunking.

What do you guys think. Take that first photo and edit them how you would cut them, and explain why. Everything I run is (rocky) covered in a thin sheet of mud, but I steer away from the big holes. Thanks.

Back