• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deal with Retreads?

Wondo

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, i'm soon going to be needing to purchase new tires, for 2 reasons, one their wearing down, and 2 i'm gunna be putting more lift on, i was looking to run around 32's, but anyway, i was looking at the Hitech retreads, and i've been searching on here for about an hour on them, most people seem to like them, but i usually drive home from college on the interstate maybe once or twice a month, its about a 150 mile trip...do you think that them retreads can hold up to that?...do you guys have any road experience with them? Thanks everyone!!!!

Dave

You will be fine. They are DOT approved. I have their 31" muds and have driven to Moab many times on them and they is about 200 miles oneway and I drive to work with them which is 70 round trip. I air them down to 10psi and they are fine....just don't run on the road like that. CHEAP to.
Brett

Hey thanks man for the response....anyone else have any opinions on retreads for on the highway speeds? i've heard some bad things, but i dont know if they are true or not, such as pieces ripping off?

I also agree don't worry. I have Hitech Retreads Mud 31" and drove from Wasington State to Arizona with no worries. I also once a month would drive from Phoniex to LA in high temps and had no problems at all. I have good experinece and recomend them.

www.high-tec-retreading.com

he is great with his warrenty too btw..me and my buddy are runnin the 31'' muds and my buddys took a small chunk outta the retread part for driving too fast in a smupy area....lol...he called the guy at high tec and he pulled up my buddies info and is sending a new tire to him no questions ask without returning the old one as we speak....

plus cant beat the price i got 5 31x10.5x15 for 325 bucks shipped to my door in kansas

just my .02

Back