• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

obdII connector

jmxj

NAXJA Forum User
Went to Jiffy lube to get my annual emissions inspection done, and the girl doing the test said that she could not get her computer to sync up with the jeep. I just had the connector replaced last year at the dealer and they read it just fine. Well after cursing all the way home, I get down and I look at the connector, only thing I see is a black wire not attached to anything on one end and the other end going into the connector. I have not had any check engine lights or other indications of a problem.

my question is this. Since the free end of the black wire was stripped and I dont see any other lose wires could this be a ground wire for the connector? would this cause the connector not to function properly? If it is a ground wire where is a good ground for me to attach this wire? I hate to take it to the dealer for a disconnected ground wire.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey, if they put it in make them put it in right. If the dealer charges you for this that SOB would then rate a sign on my jeep telling the world that xxxx dealer is a customer rip off dealer....
That connector is so far up out of the way that the only way a wire can come out is if it was not put in correctly to begin with..

Back